* * * - - 1 votes

Island Challenge

Challenge Story

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 reversingcurses

• 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 12:32 AM

Your sims got lost on an island with no way out! 

Rules:

~you must have 2 families ONLY, one male and one female each living in different housing

~both families can only have culinary, medicine, science and politic jobs(their children may have different jobs if you wish) 

~they all must have at least 5 children 

~children may repopulate when they're adults

~children may not go to university(if you have the pack) 

~challenge ends when you have 35 sims in the island, but you may continue playing it

~no you may not have love interests with townies

~if sim is fired from job they may not get a new one

~sims must live in a house you built on one of the 3 smallest lots

~they may not have cars

~they may not have televisions/computers, etc. 

• 123rilyn likes this

#2 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,121 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes and 1,000,000 Mosquitoes

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:27 AM

I know this has been about 1 1/2 years since it was posted, but I just picked up TS2 again recently and came across this. I decided to give it a crack. I went to MTS and d/led a bunch of medieval stuff and invisible appliances which work great! You can kind of create your own story for how the families get their horses for the horse drawn carts, LOL. Maybe the island natives traded w/them. One family has the man working in the science career and the other one I don't have working right now. I'm trying to see if they can make it w/o him or her working. I bought the pottery wheel and they should be able to make it just by selling the pottery. They're not having very good luck in digging for treasure. They keep hitting the underground spring, LOL. One family has 2 children, a baby and a toddler and the other family has just 1 baby so far. Here are some of my pics;

Attached Files

Please pray for the peace of Israel!! That is to pray for the VERY soon returning Christ. John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. When Jesus died on the cross He took our sin and shame; He offers us His righteousness as a GIFT that we must claim.

#3 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,121 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:32 AM

I just want to add here, that I don't think it's possible to visit neighbors w/o a phone. The Sim Logical Teleporter Plus shrub would be necessary to teleport the neighbors over. You have to consider that if they had a cell phone when they arrived on the island, it would be long dead by now w/o electricity and no wi fi, lol

Please pray for the peace of Israel!! That is to pray for the VERY soon returning Christ. John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. When Jesus died on the cross He took our sin and shame; He offers us His righteousness as a GIFT that we must claim.

#4 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,121 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:00 PM

Although I am doing other things including an apocalypse challenge for sims 3, I do work on this from time to time. Right now, the first family (Logan) has 4 boys and a girl and the second family (Finnigan) has 3 girls and a boy so far. This happened w/o any intervention on my part (quit w/o saving during the birth). I may or may not have to do that for the last child for the Finnigan family. We'll see what happens. The oldest one in the Logan family is a boy and the in the Finnigan family the oldest is a girl. Those two are teens and going steady now. I'm kind of planning on one of the kids to learn how to harness the electricity so they can use their parents phones. In the story line, the parents were both very wealthy and had bought an indefinite number of minutes on their cells w/a permanent account that was set to be passed on to their future kids. Once electricity is restored, the kids can just plug the phones in and they'll work. Only in the sims, LOL Right now, the two younger boys are maxed out in logic and I'll go w/mechanics next. For food, both families fish and grow their food. Mr Logan has a gold gardening badge now and Mrs Finnigan has the gold badge in gardening. Each of the family members take their turns in fishing too. Mrs. Logan spends much of her time at the pottery wheel and has a gold badge in that now as well as a silver in pottery. Mr Finnigan does work outside the home in the science career while Mr Logan w/his wife earns income from his garden and her pottery. Oh and for a "car" Mr Finnigan uses an ownable horse drawn cart that I got from MTS. Also, I'm using a cellar for a "fridge" that I also got from MTS. I started out w/the invidible mini fridge, but for some odd reason, the invisible recolor won't show up now. The cellar kind of fits into the story line and situation better anyway. That's it for now.

#5 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,121 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:32 PM

Update from last night; Larissa Finnigan just barely squeaked in her last child (a girl w/o any help on my part) who was born 1 1/2 days before she is due to become an elder. That makes 4 girls and a boy for her and 4 boys and a girl for the Logans. Perfect! Her oldest daughter has a gold badge in gardening now and the family is making it ok. They don't have a lot of money, but they have enough. Their next to oldest daughter just became a teen and will match her up w/the next to oldest boy in the Logan family. I might even have Kenman quit his job and focus on other things. I've proven that nobody really needs to get a job as such. The pottery and gardening along w/the painting is supporting them very nicely. Then I can get rid of the horse and cart. :)

#6 Kunder

Simmer

• 116 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:20 AM

Ok, I think I'll take up the challenge. :). You seem to be playing alone in here.

#7 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,121 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:09 AM

TBH, I took a bit of a break and did an apocalypse challenge for #3. I'm starting to work on this again. the children are almost grown and the two oldest ones are married w/children of their own. So far the husband "found some rock" and was able to get enough to put on the floors so they didn't have to live w/dirt floors anymore, lol  I'm still amazed at the fact that each couple's kids perfectly matched the others. One couple had 4 girls and a boy and the other one had 4 boys and a girl w/o me interfering at all! You might want to d/l the ownable horse and buggy and the invisible appliances and the cellar along w/Simlogical's Flexi School mod. Of course you don't *have* to, but it just feels wrong to have carpools and school buses show up on a "deserted island," LOLI also used Simlogical's teleport er bush for the same reason that they just don't have phones, LOL

#8 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,121 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:23 PM

Hi Kunder! I'm wondering if you got started on this? 

#9 Kunder

Simmer

• 116 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:46 PM

Been busy lately (work). I'll be doing it this weekend.

#10 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,121 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:42 PM

N worries! I've been busy w/the apocalypse challenge, LOL

#11 Kunder

Simmer

• 116 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:29 PM

Just got started. :)

#12 Kunder

Simmer

• 116 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:26 AM

Although I am doing other things including an apocalypse challenge for sims 3, I do work on this from time to time. Right now, the first family (Logan) has 4 boys and a girl and the second family (Finnigan) has 3 girls and a boy so far. This happened w/o any intervention on my part (quit w/o saving during the birth). I may or may not have to do that for the last child for the Finnigan family. We'll see what happens. The oldest one in the Logan family is a boy and the in the Finnigan family the oldest is a girl. Those two are teens and going steady now. I'm kind of planning on one of the kids to learn how to harness the electricity so they can use their parents phones. In the story line, the parents were both very wealthy and had bought an indefinite number of minutes on their cells w/a permanent account that was set to be passed on to their future kids. Once electricity is restored, the kids can just plug the phones in and they'll work. Only in the sims, LOL Right now, the two younger boys are maxed out in logic and I'll go w/mechanics next. For food, both families fish and grow their food. Mr Logan has a gold gardening badge now and Mrs Finnigan has the gold badge in gardening. Each of the family members take their turns in fishing too. Mrs. Logan spends much of her time at the pottery wheel and has a gold badge in that now as well as a silver in pottery. Mr Finnigan does work outside the home in the science career while Mr Logan w/his wife earns income from his garden and her pottery. Oh and for a "car" Mr Finnigan uses an ownable horse drawn cart that I got from MTS. Also, I'm using a cellar for a "fridge" that I also got from MTS. I started out w/the invidible mini fridge, but for some odd reason, the invisible recolor won't show up now. The cellar kind of fits into the story line and situation better anyway. That's it for now.

Where can I find this item, otherwise, it'll be the wooden fridge, and a solar panel.

#13 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,121 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:30 AM

If you look for Hatshepsut here on TSR, she has a rock floor that I like. There is also a Lovers Lane Hot Spring here at TSR. Also go to Smithysims http://themedievalsm...s2.blogspot.com for all kinds of midieval d/ls. Personally, I use the chamber pots, sink bowl, Celtic bedroom for the beds and crib, and they also have some plain dresses for women that might be good. For a "car" I use the ownable horse and buggy from MTS. It is not animated. Kate at parsimonious has a "Woodcutter Kitchen Bathtub" that I use. Also, Michelle has a mini "bucket" tub for toddlers at affinitysims.com. There is also an Antique Wood Cooking Fireplace at MTS. The Cellar is by Jasana at MTS. It is called Cellar. For schooling, I use Simlogical's Homeschool mod. I also use their Teleporter Plus Bush. It has a controller, "pen" which generates homework, and a table (I think). Otherwise, you need to use the cheap NuMica table. There is also a "Wooden Pole Dinette Table by ShannaniSims. I don't know if you can still get that or not. I believe it's a recolor of the NuMica table. I also use a "Beach Stump" chair by Solfal who I believe is here. There is also a rock chair by BitzyBus here. For lighting, I use a candle from Shakeshaft here at tsr. I'm not sure what you would use for a door. I use an invisible arch from a site that seems to no longer be available. :(  I use a "Faded Peach Plaster" by Netseeker, but I have not idea where to get that, if it is still available. I think there is a "no humble" mod somewhere that stops Mr Humble from delivering the comp. I usually just shift click on it and delete it. For income, you have have the husband work one of the allowed jobs or you can keep both of the unemployed. I had one family where he worked and the other, he didn't. I use the pottery wheel and have her work that up and also have them garden and fish and keep the fridge stocked w/fresh food. I also have the seasons set to spring and summer, but you can do anything you want. That 's about all I can think of at the moment. When it is time for the kids to move out, you just have to put up w/the taxi. It doesn't fit in, but there is no other way to get them out of the house in TS2. There are some "taxis" which are the horse and buggy, but those don't work for the moving taxi. When going to the community lot (I made a park), I just have them walk there. Here are some pics:

Good Luck!

Attached Files

#14 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,121 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:01 AM

Hi Kunder, you mentioned that you might use a solar panel. Is there such a thing for 2? I know there is for 3 and 4. Unless you're talking about a fictitious solar panel.  

• Kunder likes this

#15 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,121 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:21 AM

An update is due here. The Logan's 3 oldest kids are married now w/children of their own. Their oldest daughter, Patience married the oldest Finnigan young man, Nigel. They have 2 daughters Ariela and Ariana. Their next oldest son, Charles married Christiana Finnigan. They have 3 children, Thomas, and twins Ellice, and Evan. Their next son, Ian married Dulcea Finnigan and they have twins Reid and Ronel and twins on the way. They still have their youngest sons, Misha and Lynde at home. They're just about grown now. Misha will marry Charla Finnigan and Lynde will marry Dodie. Kenman reached the top of his science career. This brings me up to 21 sims so far. I plan to have Misha "discover" electricity. 

#16 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,121 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 03:07 AM

I probably should have given you a link to the cellar file. Here it is: http://www.modthesim...ad.php?t=289069

Also here is Hatshepsut's stone floors. "Crazy for Paving #2 and #4 are the closest to what I have. In fact, I think they might even be better!  :)  https://www.thesimsr...rch/hatshepsut/

This is a link to BitzyBus's stone chair: https://www.thesimsr...al stone chair/

This is Solfal's "Beach Stump Chair" :  https://www.thesimsr...al beach stump/

Here is the Cracker Barrel Chess: http://www.modthesims.info/d/268124

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the exact horse and wagon that I have. There are several others, but not that one. I pm'd the creator, but I'm not sure if he/she still comes around. Otherwise, I'll have to get the file to you some other way.  I hope these things work for you. 

#17 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,121 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:51 AM

Ok, I guess I must be blind or something. I didn't notice before that the "hay wagon" actually has 2 files. One for the hay wagon and one for the farm wagon. The farm wagon comes w/or w/o the tool chest for the handyman. So if you still want it, here is the link:
http://www.modthesim...ad.php?t=284039

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Challenge, Story

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users