Sims2 alone

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kunder

Simmer

• 116 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 December 2015 - 06:22 PM

Sadly, I finally removed Sims 3 and Sims 4 from my computer. Just couldn't really get into them much. I got bored with Sims 1 and removed it last year.

Well, I still have Sims 2, which in my subjective opinion, is a far better game than the others, is less buggy, limitless replay value, easy to create for, better day-to-day playability. I can also make each of my Sims, more unique looking in Sims 2, although, that's probably because I'm just more used to using TS2bodyShop, and CAS in Sims 2. There also seems to be more CC for Sims 2 (could be wrong on that one though).

I still have my other Sims games, but thought I'd save some HDD space.

Anyone else do this?

• DaisyRaggs likes this

#2 DaisyRaggs

• 44 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 04 March 2016 - 08:03 PM

Yes, I actually did the same thing..  Just didn't like the way the Sims3 Sims looked and didn't understand how to play Sims4.  I'm tempted to reinstall Sims1 which I haven't played in a number of years.

#3 Kunder

Simmer

• 116 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:08 AM

Actually, I'm fixing to attempt running all my Sims games on a Lenovo laptop that seems to have really good compatability with most, if not all Sims games.

Maybe I'll enjoy Sims3&4 better this time around.

#4 wordlesswriter

House Party Crasher

• 404 posts
  • Locationsome place only slightly intresting

Posted 17 July 2016 - 05:34 PM

I'm still happy with 2.  there are a lot of things that I never got to fully explore with 1.   I have the base game for 3 but have never installed it.  not sure if I even want 4 yet.  

#5 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,121 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes and 1,000,000 Mosquitoes

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:06 PM

I still do Sims 3 and just recently picked up Sims 2 again after being away from it for years. I like TS3 and it seems like there's not a lot of cc for it, but then you have the color wheel w/which you can recolor almost anything. You don't have to have 20 copies of one item for 20 different colors. I also like the open world. However, it doesn't make it possible for some challenges like the build a city challenge b/c sims in the hood will age up and continue w/their lives along w/your sim. It's tricky to do a rotational play, but you can learn how from the nraas forum. I have TS4, but just can't get into it nearly as much as #3 and now #2. EA did add toddlers in #4, but the play is still much more complicated and it's harder to get promoted in the jobs. I also don't like half of the moods of the sims, especially the anger! If they're angry or sad, you almost can't do anything w/them at all! Fortunately, there is a mod to prevent them from dying of embarrassment. That one (the death type) is way over the top IMHO.

Please pray for the peace of Israel!! That is to pray for the VERY soon returning Christ. John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. When Jesus died on the cross He took our sin and shame; He offers us His righteousness as a GIFT that we must claim.

#6 Kunder

Simmer

• 116 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:41 PM

I still do Sims 3 and just recently picked up Sims 2 again after being away from it for years. I like TS3 and it seems like there's not a lot of cc for it, but then you have the color wheel w/which you can recolor almost anything. You don't have to have 20 copies of one item for 20 different colors. I also like the open world. However, it doesn't make it possible for some challenges like the build a city challenge b/c sims in the hood will age up and continue w/their lives along w/your sim. It's tricky to do a rotational play, but you can learn how from the nraas forum. I have TS4, but just can't get into it nearly as much as #3 and now #2. EA did add toddlers in #4, but the play is still much more complicated and it's harder to get promoted in the jobs. I also don't like half of the moods of the sims, especially the anger! If they're angry or sad, you almost can't do anything w/them at all! Fortunately, there is a mod to prevent them from dying of embarrassment. That one (the death type) is way over the top IMHO.

To be honest about it, my main dislike of Sims3/4, is because the Sims themselves look too weird. Kind of a deal breaker for me,

#7 RyenMarsali331

• 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:25 PM

I've never played Sims 3 or 4, because I'm still getting enjoyment out of Sims 2 and don't have any particular desire to move on.  

• Kunder likes this

#8 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,121 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes and 1,000,000 Mosquitoes

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:49 PM

The sims in 3 can be customized in CAS. There are some sliders for a lot of parts. You can make them almost any skin tone you want w/o having a special d/l for it and there are tons of custom patterns which you d/l that you can apply to just about anything. You can also have different hair colors of anything you like. Another thing I like is that basements are far easier to make than 2. There are also some new skills like wine (nectar) making. The "foreign" worlds (China, France, and Egypt) are really nice and the tombs can be easy or difficult puzzles to figure out. Very easy to come home w/tons of money from those destinations. The one world that is extremely buggy is Island Paradise. It gives your sims the ability to scuba dive and it gives another life form, mermaids. There are fixed versions of this world available though. Another nice thing in 3 is that you can actually follow your sim to work. When I tried 4, it was nice and aliens would wander around the hood in disguise which is kind of cool, but as I said before though, the biggest downer for me was the emotions. Your kid gets taunted at school (a popup msg) or gets a bad grade and comes home angry, or your sims don't do very well at work and they come home angry. You can't do very much w/them at all until you take care of that emotion. : /  Also, the monsters under the bed part is way overdone. You have to buy special lamps which are *supposed* to prevent the monsters, but don't. When it does appear, your kid can't sleep anywhere which tanks them out! Overall, 4 is not a bad game, but the emotional system and the under the bed monsters are the biggest downers for me. 

Please pray for the peace of Israel!! That is to pray for the VERY soon returning Christ. John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. When Jesus died on the cross He took our sin and shame; He offers us His righteousness as a GIFT that we must claim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users