The Not Quite A Legacy Challenge

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Degera

Facebook & Submission Support

• 2,646 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:35 PM

This is not an official legacy, but something to challenge you and make your game more interesting.  Show us screenshots as your legacy progresses and you could earn 2 free days of VIP!

• Your legacy household should be the only 'active' household in town (don't switch to play another Sim or move another Sim in).  You may use the manage households/transfer options to move Sims out.  
  •  
  • Aging/story progression must be turned on. You may not use potions or other methods to extend a sim's life. You can use the book of life once per generation if you want to, but once your Sim is dead, they should remain dead (no ambrosia). 
  •  
  • You may use Motherlode ONE time during this challenge. You can use it at the beginning to help you get started, or you can wait and use it in another generation if you're struggling, or just want a boost. When you use it is up to you, or skip it if you don't want to use it at all. Please do not use any other cheats, this way everyone has the same advantages.
  •  
  • Save Often! 

Use CAS to create a new young adult Sim - make him or her however you want, with whatever traits you want, and your choice of aspiration, then move him or her (alone) into the Sandtrap Flat in Oasis Springs. (This lot works well because it is cheap enough to start in, but large enough to add on to as your family grows.)

First/founding generation - have your Sim marry a sim from one of these existing families (if you want drama feel free to break up a marriage!):
Landgraab
Goth
Spencer-Kim-Lewis
Pancakes
Munch
Villareal
Bjergsen
BFF 
Roomies
Zest
Caliente
Fyres
Bro
Behr
Free Spirits
Partihaus
- Second generation - have one sim in your second generation marry his or her high school sweetheart.  Have at least two kids together (adoption or natural) and then break up.
- Third generation - give all children born or adopted in the third generation a name starting with the letter M. (This means the sims in your fourth generation will have names starting with M.)
- Fourth generation - don't let any of your sims take an actual job.  Earn money only by collecting/gardening/fishing/painting/writing.
- Fifth generation - one of your sims should marry the maid, an entertainer, the gardener, a bartender, a caterer or a repairman.  You may need to have several social events before you find 'the one'.
- Sixth generation - buy the cupcake factory.  Have at least one sim max all cooking related skills - cooking, gourmet cooking, baking (skip baking if you don't have the expansion for it)
- Seventh generation - your sim should have at least four (more is better) children during the seventh generation.
- Eighth generation - kill off all the sims born in the previous generation until there is only one left (if you had 4 children in the seventh generation, for example, kill 3).  Become friends with the Grim Reaper.
[Acceptable deaths include fire, starvation, electrocution, drowning, cow plant, laughter, embarrassment and anger.]  
- Ninth generation - have at least one sim max out his or her job level (reach the top of the career track).
- Tenth generation - have one sim in your tenth generation max two aspirations (your choice).

Good luck and Have fun! 

• imonlyme and RueS like this

#2 britkarma

• 9 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:43 PM

Ok so, help? Do we have to keep every generation in the same house? Just moving people out as we don't need them anymore? I am confused by this. And do we ust pick one person each generation to "be". I have two generations right now, my 2nd is teens and about to be grown ups. So I have to keep themin the same house, and when they start their family, i can move others out?

#3 britkarma

• 9 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:48 PM

Also, should we be sharing as we go along or when it is finally complete? How do we present this when it is finished?

#4 Degera

• 2,646 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:20 AM

Hi!  No, they don't need to stay in the same house.  If you can afford to move without cheats, and if you don't feel like staying where you are, then move!  Anything goes so long as you're within the guidelines and not using cheats.

As for how often you keep us updated, that's up to you.  We don't want people to feel like they have to do this, or anything.  But we'd like to see more than just one or two images showing that you've moved a sim into the house to get started!

I find it easier to pick one Sim from each generation to keep going, but if the house is large enough, you could easily have two families going (that's a lot of multi-tasking!).  Play the game your way, and have fun!

#5 britkarma

• 9 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 04:14 PM

Thanks! I was pretty confused about that. I thought the rules meant we had to stay in the same house lol. Awesome! I have used no cheats, this is getting fairly harder, I kept moving extra Sims out into a neighboring home. I pretty much pick one person a generation to control but there are 3 living in the same house right now. I am about to start Gen 4.

I would love to start sharing, now I am just not sure where to share?

#6 Degera

• 2,646 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:32 PM

You can upload your screenshots to a free site, such as Photobucket, and then paste the links to them here.

#7 britkarma

• 9 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 02:21 AM

The Legacy of Frances Richards 'nee' Nash : Generation One

01-31-16_12-01-41nbspAM_zpskyzrs4e7.png

All moved in!

01-31-16_12-04-04nbspAM_zpsyygbh5du.png

Falling in love time!

Untitled_zpscktlxkma.png

01-31-16_12-09-47nbspAM_zpswcictcbs.png

First comes love.....

01-31-16_12-16-54nbspAM_zpsjshnxyoy.png

Then comes marriage....

01-31-16_12-19-58nbspAM_zps5qb3kmcq.png

01-31-16_12-31-09nbspAM_zpsmv4t4ac1.png

The comes baby of course! Or three! The Richards family was then complete!

01-31-16_12-35-26nbspAM_zpsdzf4tev2.png

erwer_zpsnezhrljp.png

wewerwer_zpsedougwgb.jpg

Twins Troian and Winona were born first and then younger son Nash, in honor of Frances' maiden name.

#8 britkarma

• 9 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 02:27 AM

The Legacy of Frances Nash - The Second Generation

From there we see go on to have Troian first adopting a child, Bailee Richards. 

Winona soon weds the love of her life, her high school sweetheart Maximus Nava.

rtert_zpsdqgobkzp.png

uiou9o_zpslxaesliw.png

They soon go on to have kids, triplets Donte, Maxim, and Gavin. And a daughter, Havenlee.

02-02-16_3-14-30nbspPM_zps7fydlqjx.png

Grandma Frances and Grandpa Gavin weren't far away, still living with the family of course. 

02-02-16_3-22-48nbspPM_zpsmalaf265.png

02-02-16_3-19-23nbspPM_zps5sxtefic.png

After the birth of the triplets though, we see them split up. Too much stress wreaked havoc in their marriage and they spent not much time together.

02-02-16_6-01-29nbspPM_zpsl3wqe5j5.png

The kids all start to grow and go on to be ready to start their own lives.....

#9 britkarma

• 9 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 02:34 AM

The Legacy of Frances Nash - The Fourth Generation!

The third generation starts with Bailee Richards, Troians only child. She grows and she takes over the family home, with her grandparents, Gavin and Frances, still living with her.

02-03-16_11-50-08nbspAM_zpshou4pmkt.png

Bailee grows up and gets ready for a family of her own, she is still living in the family home along with Frances and Gavin. But in no time at all tragedy strikes.

Gavin passes away from old age, and in a matter of minutes, Frances falls to her death as well. Most say it was a broken heart.

02-03-16_11-44-00nbspAM_zpsspioejkr.png

Knowing she needs to expand her family, and since she has no feelings of needing to find companionship, Bailee adopts 3 beautiful girls and they are renamed: Maren, Murphy, and Malone. They help her grow past her feelings of sadness for her grandparents untimely death.

02-03-16_1-16-22nbspPM_zpsl43e1cvo.png

02-03-16_1-23-51nbspPM_zps943ggatk.png

The sisters love and enjoy their time growing.... and still currently are!

#10 Degera

• 2,646 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:12 AM

This is fantastic, Your sims are beautiful.  Thank you so much for sharing it and I hope you're enjoying the challenge!  I think you've earned a few VIP days, too.  Check your PMs.  

• britkarma likes this

#11 britkarma

• 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:30 AM

Frances Nash legacy: Generation 4 continued + 5 + 6

It was about this time that Frances daughter Winona passed on in a tragic fire, with her sons nearby, only to be followed in death soon after by Troian.

02-03-16_10-27-02nbspPM_zps8rlvechw.png

Troians grandchildren grow up...

wewerwerwerwerwe_zps7f8gjieu.png

We watch as Maren takes over the family home now. She is a dedicated painter.

02-04-16_10-24-23nbspPM_zpsssftkgzo.png

This is what she spends absolutely all of her time doing, and selling her work to take care of her family. She met and fell and love with a man who loves to garden, so he took over Frances family garden and spent most of his leisure time there with his family.

02-04-16_10-11-29nbspPM-2_zps0h1ethk3.pn

02-04-16_10-43-46nbspPM_zpsuavlq1ez.png

A nice visit from the Patriarch Gavin, coming to meet the twins for the first time. Introducing Simons and Richards Cannon.

02-08-16_11-19-35nbspPM_zpse1nqxhof.png

02-05-16_6-16-20nbspPM_zps4zmnevzy.png

02-05-16_5-13-28nbspPM_zps0op4mmxn.png

Maren spending the remaining minutes of her mother Bailees life, unbeknownst to herself. And then the inevitable happens..

02-08-16_6-37-14nbspPM_zpstsrggkpt.png

02-08-16_8-33-12nbspPM_zpsmtaxw6xd.png

With the house to just herself and her sons. One goes off to college and the other finds love and wants to stick around the town, so Maren gives up the home and moves in with relatives, during this most fragile of times for herself. 

Simons soon meets and instantly falls head over heels for the local repair woman. They soon married and found they were expecting immediately.

02-08-16_8-35-05nbspPM_zpsmohcdr9u.png

02-08-16_11-06-00nbspPM_zpsty7bfjt9.png

02-08-16_11-13-42nbspPM-2_zpsy5fcvznu.pn

02-08-16_11-46-38nbspPM_zpsh1mgtwkb.png

They work on remodeling the family home, and they raise happily their two children, Cosima and Simone Cannon. Simone is an aspiring baker and cannot wait to get her hands in the kitchen!! We'll be seeing Simone soon when she grows up and starts her very own business in baking and has her own family!

And here we have a current family tree.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo_zpsth

#12 britkarma

• 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:31 PM

Ohh, I just thought of something. I cannot max out the baking skill in my Sim because I think that is only for one of the expansions. I don't have it and can't do that. =(

#13 Degera

• 2,646 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:36 AM

It's fine, just do the cooking and gourmet cooking ones, but you can still get the cupcake factory!

#14 Degera

• 2,646 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:58 AM

Ok I finally had some time to get started - Meet Jacob!  He's moved in... and now he's broke because he spent all his funds on the bed and toilet.  The welcome wagon came by so he met his neighbors.  Then he went to the park and played with the kids.  I've given him a job in the scientist career, so let's see how day two goes!

http://s746.photobuc...egacy Challenge

#15 Degera

• 2,646 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:30 PM

Days two, three, four and five... Started the mornings with a trip to the gym for a workout on the treadmill.  Took a shower and hey, did you know they don't change back into their clothes anymore?  Now they slap on a towel and go.  Jacob went across the street to grill breakfast... while still wearing the towel, of course.  

He changed before going to work, thankfully.  But work didn't go as planned!  After he invented the freeze ray and upgraded it to transform, he tried to transform the chair at this unfortunate desk.  You know why you don't see Jacob in this screenshot?  Because he ran away like a scared muppet.  The look on Aiden's face as he puts out the fire is priceless.  Later Jacob stopped by Aiden's desk and threatened him with great bodily harm if he told anyone about how he ran away from that tiny fire.

When he got home, he put his new satellite dish to use and summoned an alien. Or two. Or seven...

Then I decided it was time he met someone and settled down.  Mortimer called to invite him over so off Jacob went.  Jacob apparently has no shame, kissing Mortie right in front of Bella!  But Bella was quick to slap some sense into her man.

http://s746.photobuc...egacy Challenge

#16 britkarma

• 9 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 03:10 AM

Great story so far. I loved reading it, it was fun! Loved the pictures of the kiss and slap!
And Aliens, that is just one thing I almost have never used in game. No reason. Hopefully I can update more with mine soon.

#17 sims4af

• 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:16 PM

Hey, I'm curious on how we're going to get the two day free membership? Nevertheless, I'll be playing this challenge.

#18 Degera

• 2,646 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 25 February 2016 - 02:03 AM

Hey, post some pictures here with some commentary (you'll need to use a site like Photobucket for the images) to show us that you're playing and we'll contact you about the VIP.

#19 mannagurl4ever

• 1 posts

Posted Today, 01:34 AM

So I am just started this challenge out and had a question. Of the existing families does that include the existing families in San Myshuno or is it just the ones you listed. I'm wanting to set my founder up with Akira Kibo from the Karaoke Legends household.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users