* * * * * 1 votes

It is with a sad heart...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 grandmajam_of6

Trashcan Kicker

• 948 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 10:52 AM

It is with a sad heart that I'm quitting as the host of this monthly building challenge. There are a number of reasons. I've moved on with my life and relocated to an off the grid homestead. My life, as you can imagine, has tripled in work load.

I'll cherish the friendships we've developed over the years. Hepefully another member will take this over.

Grandmajam_of 6

Proud member of S2HBAA & TSRAA

#2 DianeHanna

• 503 posts
  • LocationDesert Southwest USA

Posted 03 April 2016 - 08:43 PM

Wow Grandma, this makes me really sad.  I do understand that life moves on and I just want you to know how much I have enjoyed building the challenge lots you came up with. You put a lot of effort into the challenges for very little participation.  So I guess the only thing left to say is Thank You for several years of fun you gave me and good luck with your future endeavors.

“They spoil every romance by trying to make it last forever .” ~ Oscar Wilde

#3 Kunder

Simmer

• 109 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:24 PM

I'm sorry to hear that! I was hoping for another crack at Diana next month.:(.

I know how hard off-grid living is, as I'm mostly so where I'm at now. I wish you goodwill Grandma. It has been a pleasure talking to, and working those challenges with you.

Hey Diana, you goin' to take Grandmas place? :D

#4 DianeHanna

• 503 posts
  • LocationDesert Southwest USA

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:27 PM

Well, no.   If I were hosting the challenge, I wouldn't be able to participate, which is what I love.  Besides, Grandmajam has a lot more imagination than I do. 

“They spoil every romance by trying to make it last forever .” ~ Oscar Wilde

#5 Kunder

Simmer

• 109 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:35 AM

Well, no.   If I were hosting the challenge, I wouldn't be able to participate, which is what I love.  Besides, Grandmajam has a lot more imagination than I do. 

Either way, you won't get to participate. :(

#6 wordlesswriter

House Party Crasher

• 404 posts
  • Locationsome place only slightly intresting

Posted 17 July 2016 - 05:31 PM

I was away way to long.  this is sad.  :(  

#7 grandmajam_of6

Trashcan Kicker

• 948 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:10 AM

I'm still around although I don't have as much free time to play Sims. Over the Spring and Summer, we planted and harvested enough to eat fresh and put up some for over winter. We'll still have to go shopping for a few groceries.  Our rabbitry  has grown also yo eleven angora rabbits whose fur will will be sold either raw or spun into yarn for sale. Selling about half the amount will keep us warm this winter. We've really worked hard at it. Next year, we will be adding a couple of dairy goats for milk and cheese, and expanding our operation.

I miss doing the challenges, but life does move forward.

#8 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,109 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes and 1,000,000 Mosquitoes

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:58 AM

I remember you! I'm just not reading this. Sounds like a LOT of work. Good luck w/all of your endeavors. 

Please pray for the peace of Israel!! That is to pray for the VERY soon returning Christ. John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. When Jesus died on the cross He took our sin and shame; He offers us His righteousness as a GIFT that we must claim.

#9 grandmajam_of6

Trashcan Kicker

• 948 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:12 AM

I remember you! I'm just not reading this. Sounds like a LOT of work. Good luck w/all of your endeavors. 

Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users