• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sim_man123

Simmer

• 4,585 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:40 PM

Hello everyone!

I've just finished a new tutorial for creating new object meshes for TS4. It uses Workshop for getting content into the game, Blender 3D for the meshes, and The GIMP for textures - and there is an optional (but preferred) step at the end that uses Sims 4 Package Editor. All completely free programs, so it's accessible to everyone. :)

It's 112 pages, and covers everything from setting up Workshop, cloning an item, getting around inside of Workshop, creating the mesh (and subsequent levels of detail), creating all required textures, getting it all into the game and properly functioning, and even updating the catalog entry with a new thumbnail and swatch color. It's aimed at beginners - although experience is always helpful, the goal is that anyone can follow and learn from this tutorial.

I've tried to be as detailed as possible without droning on too repetitively, so feedback on what I've missed or haven't explained well enough would be invaluable so that I can make this as easy as possible to understand and follow. :ph34r: If anyone wants to give it a shot, or knows anyone interesting in learning, feel free to pass it along!

Currently, it can be accessed on Dropbox here. (No signup is needed, it's open to the public.) Please let me know if you have any trouble, questions, or concerns with this tutorial!

• Pinkzombiecupcakes, Eleven Paris, officialteaprincess and 1 other like this

#2 nikadema

• 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 08:28 PM

wow! this is so amazing! and so nice from you. Thank you so much!

• officialteaprincess and UnicornWillRule like this

#3 Gvendolin

• 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:45 PM

Hi sim_man123

Thanks for the tutorial! This is a great creation.

• UnicornWillRule likes this

#4 officialteaprincess

• 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:14 PM

Hey, I liked your tutorial. It's really helpful but here's the thing, I've just downloaded this object: http://www.thesimsre...wnloads/1348624 and I wanted to replace the DVD covers with new ones. I've been trying to follow some other tutorials too but they all tell me to look for material and texture but I can't find them?? really, I thought it would be simpler to just replace the covers with my favourite films but I've been having a really hard time with this. Could you please help me?

#5 BeckySimmons

• 1 posts
  • LocationLeeds, UK

Posted 23 November 2016 - 04:21 PM

Hi, I have the newer version of Blender (2.78) I'm unable to find the io_WSO_export/import.py anywhere on my computer.

Is it possible it has a new name with the updated version?

Plz halp  :(

#6 sim_man123

Simmer

• 4,585 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 November 2016 - 04:42 PM

Hi, I have the newer version of Blender (2.78) I'm unable to find the io_WSO_export/import.py anywhere on my computer.

Is it possible it has a new name with the updated version?

Plz halp  :(

They come with Workshop - the plugin files should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims Resource\TSR Workshop\Extras\Blender 2.74 - although they say 2.74, they should work with newer versions as well.

If you encounter any problems, note that you can use .obj as well - which does not require any plugins :)

#7 Chicklet453681

• 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:21 PM

Fantastic! Thank you for a great tutorial and taking the time to write it! I'm slightly familiar with blender but you explained several things I was having problems with, so I appreciate that!

You were very thorough and informative. I read the entire thing and feel I have a little better grasp, especially on specular maps, and normals.

I normally use Paintshop Pro because that is what I'm comfortable with, but it doesn't have all the capabilities that PS or Gimp has, so you helped with some Gimp techniques too.

Again, thanks bunches!

- Chicklet

#8 sim_man123

Simmer

• 4,585 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:52 PM

Fantastic! Thank you for a great tutorial and taking the time to write it! I'm slightly familiar with blender but you explained several things I was having problems with, so I appreciate that!

You were very thorough and informative. I read the entire thing and feel I have a little better grasp, especially on specular maps, and normals.

I normally use Paintshop Pro because that is what I'm comfortable with, but it doesn't have all the capabilities that PS or Gimp has, so you helped with some Gimp techniques too.

Again, thanks bunches!

- Chicklet

That's great! I'm so glad that you've found it useful! :D

​I haven't heard anything about Paintshop Pro in a while - but once you get used to "what" you're doing, you can take a look at your programs and kind of figure out your own "how," if that makes any sense :D 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users