Photo

Workshop help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 haleyrwalton

• 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:09 AM

I tried downloading the workshop to make custom content and it wont download, it gets stuck on the "installing prerequisite files" and then it says its not responding. I cant install it, ive tried different browsers and even restarted my computer.

#2 praying_dove

Just Registered

• 3 posts
  • LocationThe United States of America

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:47 PM

Hi, where is the sims 4 workshop? I went and download the latest on but it downloaded Sims 3 workshop eek. thank you so much for your help in advance :)

#3 annigo

Just Registered

• 35 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:46 AM

It's the same Workshop, just in Preferences you can set for Sims 3 your Sims 3 folders and for Sims 4 your Sims 4 folders.

#4 Jaguwar

Just Registered

• 8 posts
  • LocationErie, CO

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:07 AM

Apparently, what Annigo means a little more specifically is when it asks you if you want to locate the Sims 3 folder manually, you say NO. THEN you can go to preferences to set it up the way you need to.

The question *I* have is this:

There are two sets of folders; one for the "Global Folders" (which I gather is the one in "My Documents) and one for "base game, ". Is that one the bin folder? Usually that's

"[install drive]\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\" or, in my case, "D:\games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\

Just want to clarify cause that info isn't in the beginner guide. Thank you!

#5 Jaguwar

Just Registered

• 8 posts
  • LocationErie, CO

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:26 AM

HAHA lemme correct myself, the folder would be [Install Drive]\Install Folder\The Sims 4.

KISS, right? ;)

#6 sim_man123

Simmer

• 4,584 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:42 PM

Apparently, what Annigo means a little more specifically is when it asks you if you want to locate the Sims 3 folder manually, you say NO. THEN you can go to preferences to set it up the way you need to.

The question *I* have is this:

There are two sets of folders; one for the "Global Folders" (which I gather is the one in "My Documents) and one for "base game, ". Is that one the bin folder? Usually that's

"[install drive]\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\" or, in my case, "D:\games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\

Just want to clarify cause that info isn't in the beginner guide. Thank you!

HAHA lemme correct myself, the folder would be [Install Drive]\Install Folder\The Sims 4.

KISS, right? ;)

Yes, it just goes to the base "The Sims 4" folder, not Bin. One path is specifically labeled "(Documents)" and the other one then is for where the game is actually installed :)

• Hairynoodle likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users