- - - - -

Graduate School Project about The Sims Resource

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 boxer541

• 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:58 AM

Hello,

I am a graduate student studying instructional design. This semester I am taking a course about gaming and learning. As a young adult, I played the original Sims game when it first came out. It had a real impact on my life at the time. Fast forward to now, and I am still interested in The Sims franchise and how it has evolved since the early 2000s, and so I began playing The Sims 4.

For my class, each student is required to complete a project on an "affinity space" for a specific game. An affinity space is an online site outside of the actual game where users congregate to socialize and share knowledge of the particular game. This site, The Sims Resource, was the focus of prominent research several years ago by Gee & Hayes (2012) about affinity spaces.

I’m curious about your experiences with The Sims game franchise. I would appreciate users replying to my message with the answers to the following questions:

1. How many years have you been playing The Sims games?

1. What attracted you to begin playing The Sims? Was there someone who recommended the game to you?

1. As a member of The Sims Resource, how would you characterize yourself? Are you a regular contributor, semi-regular, or mostly a lurker?

1. Have you ever used The Sims in your career? (i.e: teacher using it in the classroom, etc.)

1. Do you consider this site to be essential in the gameplay of The Sims due to the vast amount of downloads available to its members?

Thank you  very much for your time and assistance in my project!

#2 evi

Greek Dinosaur

• 827 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:34 PM

where do you like the answers? Here or in a private message?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users