- - - - -

Where are the Sims with disabilities?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chiyomihamarules

• 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:29 PM

Hi everyone,

So I've been a devotee of the Sims since I was about 8, but I've noticed a consistent issue: there are no sims with disabilities in any of the games. To make matters worse there is almost no custom content to create characters with disabilities, either. Whether or not they meant to, what the Sims has done is create a fantasy world where we can marry aliens, but people with disabilities don't exist.

When I talked to the EA representatives, they said that the devs put in toddlers by popular demand from the players. I'm thinking if enough people ask for it, we can get sims with disabilities too.

So keeping that in mind, I made a petition! Please sign it so we can get the word out.

https://www.change.o...s-in-the-sims-4

#2 Strutter

• 9 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:12 AM

I will sign!

I was wondering the same thing too since the first sims game in the 90's came out.

#3 Margeh-75

Rookie

• 23 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:30 PM

It sounds like a great idea but from the way half the sims community treat each other, i can see this being misinterpreted and people not treating illness/disabilities in a respectful and dignified way. EA would have to be extremely careful to be sensitive to the feelings of fellow people with disabilities. The difference between disabilities and aliens is,,,,aliens are not real so there is no risk there. I understand what you are trying to accomplish with your topic etc, but i'm not sure incorporating it into a game is the way to go. Because you just know that there's always those kind of people out there that will disrespect it. x

Hi everyone,

So I've been a devotee of the Sims since I was about 8, but I've noticed a consistent issue: there are no sims with disabilities in any of the games. To make matters worse there is almost no custom content to create characters with disabilities, either. Whether or not they meant to, what the Sims has done is create a fantasy world where we can marry aliens, but people with disabilities don't exist.

When I talked to the EA representatives, they said that the devs put in toddlers by popular demand from the players. I'm thinking if enough people ask for it, we can get sims with disabilities too.

So keeping that in mind, I made a petition! Please sign it so we can get the word out.

https://www.change.o...s-in-the-sims-4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users