Photo
- - - - -

Fence dimensions are right, but appear wrong - Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 anora429

• 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:00 PM

So, I'm nearly done with this, I think, if I can work out the issue I'm having. The issue is simple. The fence appears too short in-game on the straight and diagonal. I cloned the Stream of Consciousness wall for this project and scrapped the original meshes entirely (I see now that that was an idiot move, but I've uv-mapped and textured the thing now, and I'd like to see if I can get this one to work). I thought it might be a texture issue, but the part of the texture map that applies is mirrored down the middle, so the ends that are meeting should appear seamless. With the straight mesh, if I add .001 cms to either end, the problem disappears (not so with the diagonal mesh). According to both 3DS max and Milkshape, the dimensions match the original meshes exactly. I'm at a complete loss and am attaching pictures for help.  I tried attaching the working file, and it says I'm not permitted to do that.  So, hopefully the pictures will do.

MTS__Anora_-1694812-fences.jpg

#2 anora429

• 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:29 PM

Right, so I uploaded the working file to mediafire.  Here's the link:  http://www.mediafire...ence_anora_.wrk

#3 anora429

• 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:52 AM

Anyone?  Anyone at all?

#4 sim_man123

Simmer

• 4,610 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:30 PM

Have you tried extending the texture on your diffuse map a bit? I see that you've made the background all black - which, is not "wrong," but with mipmapping and how the game uses different sizes of the texture, I've seen it happen quite often where the game will display the texture like 1 pixel too far and will display these kind of weird "edges" in various places. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users