Pleasantview Not Showing Up and Can't Adjust Screensize

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,109 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes and 1,000,000 Mosquitoes

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:43 AM

Hi, I picked up this game after being away for a few years and have been playing for a few days now. I have no idea what is happening though, but my Pleasantview just will not appear in the game even though it is supposedly there (it appears in the files section of Explorer).

Also, I don't know what happened, but since yesterday, my screensize reduced to 800x600 which is very small and I can't change it. My game interface has absolutely no options to change the size. The 800x600 size is the only size shown in the graphics options under "screen size" w/no other options at all. I used to have all of the options, but now I don't. What would prevent these from showing up? What would cause the game to suddenly revert to the small size? 

Please pray for the peace of Israel!! That is to pray for the VERY soon returning Christ. John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. When Jesus died on the cross He took our sin and shame; He offers us His righteousness as a GIFT that we must claim.

#2 sim_man123

Simmer

• 4,584 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:59 PM

Not sure about the Pleasant view thing, but for the game resolution, that may simply be a case of old game and new hardware. TS2 was released 14 years ago, so the game is built on technologies that are no longer in use. The hardware in your computer may be able to carry the game fine (basically as dead weight) but in reverse, the game probably doesn't recognize any parts of your computer. I would imagine the game has locked itself into it's base 800x600 because it doesn't recognize your graphics card, and thus is probably thinking that you simply don't have one. (Think if you went back 200 years and handed someone a cell phone - the phone doesn't care who is using it, but the people would have no idea what to do with it.) Are you having any other problems with graphic settings - are any of them grayed out, for example?

#3 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,109 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:57 PM

Hi Kris! I pretty much solved the Pleasantview problem by starting a completely vanilla game. I just have to find out what the problem is though. : /  The screen size problem just started happening in the last few days though.about 3 days ago, I was able to play in a nice sized screen, but now it's small. The small screen and aging eyes just don't get along, lol.   I d/led the Comodo Dragon  browser and am wondering if that might be causing the conflict.

How do I check to see if the game is recognizing my video card? I have a GForce GTX 680 card.

Please pray for the peace of Israel!! That is to pray for the VERY soon returning Christ. John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. When Jesus died on the cross He took our sin and shame; He offers us His righteousness as a GIFT that we must claim.

#4 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,109 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:23 PM

I found the Graphics Rules page, but not quite sure what to look for. I didn't see any GTX 680 from Nvidia mentioned. 

#5 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,109 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:17 PM

I found the problem for Pleasantview not showing up. Somehow, I had two copies of it. I deleted one copy and now it shows up. :)  That part was tedious, but easy, lol

#6 sim_man123

Simmer

• 4,584 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:51 PM

I was just curious if any of the settings were grayed out. The 680 should be able to handle the game no problem, but if the game isn't recognizing it properly, some settings like Smooth Edges or Shadows will be grayed out - since it doesn't recognize the card, it won't know what it can safely enable or not. (Like larger screen resolutions!)

There is fairly common problem it seems - I found an article here that explains how to adjust your Graphics Rule.sgr to hopefully get everything back on track  :)

#7 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,109 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:12 AM

Thanks Kris! I don't remember about the Edge Scrolling atm (I have #3 up right now), but I think it's enabled. The shadows are enabled by default, but have to be turned off. Otherwise, there big black boxes under the sims' feet. I'll take a look at the linked page. 

#8 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,109 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:19 PM

Hi again Kris! I tried what they said and followed the instructions to the letter, but it didn't work. I'm still locked in to the small screen. I think I'm going to contact our techie to see what he says. I do have some problems w/my card (I can't update it). Every time I try to update it, it says "no internet connection." 

#9 Kunder

Simmer

• 110 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:18 AM

Hi again Kris! I tried what they said and followed the instructions to the letter, but it didn't work. I'm still locked in to the small screen. I think I'm going to contact our techie to see what he says. I do have some problems w/my card (I can't update it). Every time I try to update it, it says "no internet connection." 

The problem is not with your card, It's with Graphics maker. The problem is most likely:

A) It's not in the data base.

B)It's in the database, but not in the proper EP, in the proper place.

C)It's in the proper place in Config, not in CSconfig, or vise-versa.

You'll need to alter Video Cards.sgr.

Make sure it's in the proper place.

I suggest going over to LeeFish, Talk to Kiri. She's a Sims 2 goddess if there ever was one. She likes helping people, and can advise you better than anyone else. Trust me on this one!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users