How to delete pre-made Sims in CAS?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kutekitty19

Advanced Member

• 39 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:55 PM

I have searched this question on Google and I can only find information on deleting pre-made FAMILIES on the library once you load up a world. I'm wondering if it's possible to delete the pre-made individual Sims (and pets) in CAS. (Pic included)

I have quite a few Sims saved that when I go to make a family with those Sims, it takes forever to load up the premade Sims and then click display custom sims only. Is it possible to get rid of the Sims I didn't save ?

Attached File  sc.jpg   163.13KB   0 downloads

#2 SimPeopleRampage

Simmer

• 142 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:28 AM

If it's a custom made sim you'd just delete it out of the saved sims folder. If it's a sim that came with the game, I think you're stuck with those. My CAS screen takes forever to load, too. Loading times have to do with the amount of custom content you have (I have hundreds. No joke.) and the fact that Sims 3 is a 32-bit game doesn't help things either. Also, your computer strength plays into this. On my laptop, CAS took ages to load. My desktop runs things much more quickly. 

#3 kutekitty19

Advanced Member

• 39 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:47 PM

Yes, I'm referring to all the pre-made Sims already available. My CAS sometimes takes a while to load too. My CC isn't too high and my computer is more than capable of handling it. Sigh. It just stinks having to wait so long for all the pre-made Sims to load up and then have to scroll through them all just to find my custom made Sims. Thank you though!

#4 timi72

Simmer

• 363 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:45 AM

In CAS, no there a '*' icon to show only costum contents? I remember there is one on the top of right corner in the Sim catalog.

#5 SimPeopleRampage

Simmer

• 142 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:07 AM

Yeah, I think you can filter out the EA sims and have it load only custom sims. Either way, CAS takes forever to load things. At least it's that way for me. Sims 4 loads things much more quickly. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users