Photo

What's on your drawing board?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SimElaine

• 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 12:53 AM

I'm pretty new to Sims modding, and I'm interested in what other modders are building. :)

So what project(s) are you working on-- and what inspires you? 

#2 Lily-chan

Simmer

• 353 posts
  • LocationMy imaginary world

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:36 AM

Hi there!  :)

Currently I work on an American family home.

I have quite a few other projects on my list, but I only have a picture of this. I also work on a large lot with 4 houses on.. to make it kinda... townhouse-ish?  :P 

I get inspired by other simmers, builders on youtube and just browsing random floorplans or houses on the web. Although I hardly tend to get it look like the original I still enjoy building from plans  :) WcPUHJ7.jpg

I only exist in your imaginary world~

Keep tabs of me: Scraps - Private n' Public | TSR studio | Simblr

#3 SimElaine

• 4 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:40 AM

Oooh, that's really pretty! I like how the colors of the house match the flowers.

What do you find most challenging about building?

I have a hard time getting sizes right: my bathrooms seem to be too small, and living rooms are too big.

"It is not the beauty of a building you should look at; it's the construction of the foundation that will stand the test of time. " - David Allan Coe

#4 Lily-chan

Simmer

• 353 posts
  • LocationMy imaginary world

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:52 PM

Ah thank you  :)

To be honest, I had no idea what color to give the house, so I just went with blue - it's kinda... neutral somehow? XD

Hmm, to me it's the kids' room(s). They never get the right size for me. But my biggest challenge when building is definitely making it feel like a home. With hallways and such. I tend to make just one "big" and plain den and take the rooms from there on the first floor.

But! The roofing is forever my headache - MIGRAINE and biggest problem. They never look good, however I started to lure some pretty simple tricks off from youtubers, and I feel much more comfortable with roofing.

Oh the problems with livingrooms! I had those, too. But, a piece of advise, if you are not 100% sure about the size - better small than too big.  :)

I only exist in your imaginary world~

Keep tabs of me: Scraps - Private n' Public | TSR studio | Simblr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users