Photo
- - - - -

Help making custom goth stockings...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 monkeydude1969

• 6 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:33 PM

I am using the excellent TSR workshop and have no problems customising clothing etc.  However, when it comes to stockings I am having no luck. I am using the accessories tab > stockings but when the preview window appears I am not able to figure out how to replace the base textures etc with my one so that it shows up.

Anyone know of an `idiots guide` or some such ? Thanks :)

#2 SimPeopleRampage

Simmer

• 142 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:04 AM

I've only made leggings for Sims 4 but I think the process is the same. There's a sort of texture map of where certain clothing items go and the image you paint in Photoshop should go on the map where the legs are. I believe you'd paint your stockings on the multiplier and you have to make sure that your alpha layer on your multiplier exactly matches the pattern/shape of your stockings. The area you want to show up should be in pure white and the area you don't want to show up should be in pure black. 

Here's an image of Sims 3's body texture map:

tumblr_mep35h2sqW1r4ly8b.png

And here's a guide on where clothing and accessories should go on the texture map:

MTS_Simlicious-1354427-UVplacementguideb

As for the leggings I made, here's what the texture looked like. Note that WHERE on the image my texture is located matters. If I'd place the texture anywhere else I'd end up with a sim wearing leggings on her face or arms (lol): 

diffuse.png

And this is what my alpha looked like:

alpha.png

As you can see, the areas where the mesh goes has black in it. That's what needs to be done to make it actually look like a mesh. Here's a link to the texture maps for Sims 3: http://modthesims.info/t/411795

#3 SimPeopleRampage

Simmer

• 142 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:16 AM

Also, keep in mind that in Sims 4 nothing is recolorable. So, the texture you see is the texture you get. Since Sims3 items are recolorable your focus should be on what you paint on the alpha layer of your multiplier, making sure that the alpha is painted in the correct area. Use the body texture map as your guide to where things go. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users