- - - - -

having difficulties with the sims 3 plus pets

PC

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 manateemania

• 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:13 PM

sooo....recently i purchased this game off of amazon because i didnt wanna pay a ton for both the game and the expansion pack. yesterday i popped it in and tried reinstalling it with different codes i had found in an amazon review (i figured there's nothing wrong with it; i payed $18 dollars for the game after all and as the reviews said, the provided codes did not work.) however, these codes only gave me the base game and no pets expansion with it like it should've. according to one of the reviews and some other sources there should be a red slip of paper with a code on it but there isn't, not for me (i've double checked and everything, there is nothing.). i've tried everything but contacting EA, which some people have said isn't very helpful, but might be just what i need to fix this issue. so i'd like to ask, before i go ahead and get a hold of EA, might there be any other solutions to the problem i should try first? thanks!

#2 sim_man123

Simmer

• 4,547 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:36 PM

What you are encountering is pretty typical for a used game like this. The game comes with a code when it's new, once that code is used, that's it. You've now purchased the game, but you haven't purchased a license to actually play it, so to speak. These codes are a one-and-done type deal, once someone buys it and registers it, it's over. Because of this, you're going to have a very bad time trying to find a code - noone is going to buy it and then just give it away. 

Unfortunately for you, for several reasons, EA typically will not be of much "help" - they will sell you a new code, sure, but since you didn't buy the game from them and they aren't getting anything from you, they won't do much of anything else. EA will not provide you with a new code just because you have the game - anyone could tell them anything to try to get a code, when in reality the game could be stolen (pirated, or physically stolen from someone), someone might not have the game at all and is trying to get it 100% free, or in a case like yours, even though you purchased the game from somewhere else, EA isn't making any money from that, and isn't going to be terribly interested in helping. :unsure:

• manateemania likes this

#3 manateemania

• 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:00 PM

ooh, alright, i see. thank you very much. not sure where to go from here but i'll work something out.

#4 Funnyaa

Cats can opener

• 381 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:16 PM

​If I am not wrong you can send the game back to Amazone. Since the code did not work for the pets expansion pack you should do it I think.

Friendly regards :)

#5 sim_man123

Simmer

• 4,547 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:57 PM

Unless the original listing specifically said that it came with a new, working, unused code for both the base game and pets, you may not get very far with contacting Amazon/the original seller - although I'm sure Amazon would let you return it, just in the name of customer service. If it DID specifically say that it came with unused, working codes for both games, then by all means, this problem is on the seller and they should issue you new new ones. (Also, I'm not actually sure how this example of the game works - did you get base game and pets separately, two games with two codes, just sold together, or is it actually base game with pets built in - where it's supposed to be just one game with just one code? )

Otherwise, I think EA charges somewhere around $10-$15 for a replacement code, which is going to put it back up close to what the full price would have been anyway.  :(

#6 manateemania

• 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:09 PM

i dont remember the listing specifically saying anything other than it just being a used copy. according to some people, it should have been two different discs in one case, one being the base game and the other being the expansion pack however i only got one disc and that disc was for the base game only, so maybe that's the issue, however some people have carried on like its only one disc and there should be one red slip of paper with one code on it that should be used to install the game, but after doing research i think it should've been two discs and you use two different codes to install them, hence why on my one disc only the sims 3 code worked and the sims 3 pets one was invalid. i guess later today or sometime this week while i still can i'll send the game back and buy a different copy elsewhere. thank you all so much for your help!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users