• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 baeren

• 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:36 AM

I have downloaded a CC here:

http://chunkysims.tu...l-we-have-reach

and I use its AJ11 shoes on my Sim.

However, there's something wrong as the shoes looks weird.

The model of the shoe seems broken,with numerous "shards" on the surface.

I opened the package file in S3PE, extracted the GEOM file, and viewed in Milkshape. The model itself seems okay.

The author also mentioned that the shoes are of high quality that it has so many polygons, which I think could be one of the reasons.

I'd like to know the exact reason of the "shardy" shoes, and how to fix it (suppose the author is inactive).

Thank you in advance!

P.S. My game version is 1.63, with all EPs and SPs installed. No "mod" installed (i.e. no mod is intended to tweak the game, but only custom contents).

I'm unable to upload images for now. I'll try to upload it several hours later.

#2 Lily-chan

Simmer

• 365 posts
  • LocationMy imaginary world

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:17 AM

Hiya!

I will suspect the high quality is the reason why they look.. "shardy". I have the same issues with some shoes. If your game cannot handle all settings on high or ultra that might be the reason. At least that is my theory. The high polycount, the more it will require of your game and pc. 

I am not 100% sure if that is the real reason, but that is how it has always occurred to me.

I just checked his tumblr, and he has been active a month ago. I would try and contact the creator on tumblr if I were you  :)  Maybe they are just busy with life right now, and will get back as soon as possible!  :)

I hope I was able to help you somehow!

:!

I only exist in your imaginary world~

Keep tabs of me: Scraps - Private n' Public | TSR studio | Simblr

#3 baeren

• 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:13 AM

Thank you.

However...my computer is XPS15, with GTX960M card...I don't know how could this happen on such a new computer.

I have left a message to him before. However, his personality doesn't make me believe that he'll try to solve the problem. It doesn't matter if he's busy or not.

#4 Lily-chan

Simmer

• 365 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:44 PM

I don't know either, and I have the same graphic card  ^_^

But I just wonder though, if it could be that your game is not fully patched? The version I'm having is 1.69

Are there some tech experts around??

#5 baeren

• 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 03:17 PM

I don't know either, and I have the same graphic card  ^_^

But I just wonder though, if it could be that your game is not fully patched? The version I'm having is 1.69

Are there some tech experts around??

I have figured out the reason.

The author may have not bound the model to five different body shapes.

The Sims 3 have five different body shapes, and each piece of clothes or shoes must be bound to these body shapes separately.

I have found no problems when the shoes are applied to thinner Sims, but when they are applied to fat sims, problem occurs.

So...generally, I'm furious at this. Yes, I'm furious.

Problem solved...temporarily. I should contact the author and force him to make a patch, or I'll do it myself.

#6 Lily-chan

Simmer

• 365 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:10 AM

Hmm, this is an annoying discovery. I don't think you need to force someone though ^^" That might be a little too much. 

But kindly ask them to patch it so it works with all body types would be better  :)

However, thank you for figuring it out. My sims are always "normal" sized so I would never have figured this.I understand you are furious though, but sadly some creators does this.

Thank you for the heads up!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users