Photo
- - - - -

Downloading Used EP?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bact

• 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:56 PM

I played sims on my old laptop for about a year, with the expansions generations and late night downloaded. That laptop then broke, and I stopped playing sims for a while. This year, I got a new computer, and for my birthday my parents bought and installed the sims and late night onto it from a different origin account. I've been playing for a while now, but miss generations. I can get into my old origin account, but when I click to download generations it won't let me, it says I need to download the base game first. I already have the base game downloaded, but from a different origin account. I would just download the base game again, but I've played on it for a while now and I'm worried it would cause problems. Any solutions for this problem?

#2 sim_man123

Simmer

• 4,547 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:58 PM

Origin goes by what games are registered to the account you are signed into, NOT by what is actually installed on the computer. You will have to pick whichever origin account you want to be your "main" one. You can then move your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\saves\[town name] folder for the game(s) you have been playing, and after the new base game is installed, drop them back into place. (You could move them out to your desktop temporarily, or put them on a flash drive/disc, etc, up to you)

You can also copy things like the Screenshots folder, SavedSims if you have any, the Downloads folder if you want to move your CC over (although you will have to reinstall all of it through the launcher into the new game). I would personally suggest taking a little as possible, just to be safe.

Just make sure no EPs are missing from the new installation. You will want to have base game and late night installed, at least. You can always add expansions without much trouble, but if there are any missing, then there can be problems. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users