- - - - -

Deleted Stuff on Hard Drive, Now Mods Won't Work

PC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 knightengale

• 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 07:22 PM

I'm on a Windows 10 laptop with Sims 3 1.69. I've been using mods for some time and they worked prior to me doing a lot of hard drive cleanup (my computer doesn't have a ton of space). Specifically, I used the application CCleaner and also did "Disk Cleanup" via "Properties" from right-clicking the C drive. Following that, the game is completely functioning but the mods and other content I downloaded are not. When I opened the launcher, none of the installed/downloaded content like hair, clothes, etc was in there but it was still where I had left it in the Mods folder (maybe I shouldn't be keeping non-package folders there...). I reinstalled all those and they're working. I also removed them from the mods folder so now there are only package files. I removed all the mods and downloaded a new start up folder tried both running that on its own (with the sparkles mod and nointro) and running it with all my mods copy+pasted and neither worked. There is nothing else in the mods folder out of place. 

My game has been version 1.69 since before I started using mods, so nothing has changed there.

Here are some screenshots of my Sims 3 folder and Mods folder

Attached Files

#2 CheshireKat_

• 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:24 PM

That's strange, neither CCleaner nor Disk Cleanup should have removed anything pertaining to the game, but for mods to stop working after running those, it's too much of a coincidence. What are the enabled options in CCleaner? I've run CCleaner for years and have never had any problems (that I know of...certainly nothing with games or programs). But if, for some reason, something was checked that somehow messed with your CC...

Have you run the game with ONLY mods installed and NO other CC? Maybe there's a sudden conflict?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users