Photo
- - - - -

How to rotate container slots

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 S_Hickman

• 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:49 AM

I'm creating a crib and I've managed to get the container slot for the baby into the right position but the baby faces the wrong way (it needs to be turned 270 degrees). Is there a way to do this in TSRW?

#2 sim_man123

Simmer

• 4,610 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:18 AM

If you hold down the Ctrl key and right click and drag on a container slot in the 3D view, that slot will rotate around whatever axis you click on. :)

You can't just type in "270" though - TS4 uses a weird axis system in which you define each axis using the three axis - I.E. you can say X=(x=1 Y=0 z=0) Y=(x=0 y=1 z=0) and Z=(x=0 y=0 z=1) and you'll get a normal, X=1 Y=1 Z=1 front-facing slot. Each individual axis can then be adjusted - you can get the axis all messed up and say I want the X axis to actually be the Z axis, so X would be X=0 Z=1 Y=0, etc. It's a bit confusing at first - and for rotated slots, you end up with decimals. (For example, 45 degrees would be 0.5 between two axis to pull it into the middle of them.) 

AFTER having rotated a slot, though, then you can click on the "..." for each slot to open the coordinate window and round up the transformation values if you need a "perfect" slot. I.E. if I try to rotate something to be 45 degrees, and I end up with the values at like 0.495839789 - obviously that's supposed to be 0.5. Likewise if you end up with something like 0.00000294, that would just be 0, and 0.9978590796 would round up to 1. 

#3 S_Hickman

• 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:49 AM

If you hold down the Ctrl key and right click and drag on a container slot in the 3D view, that slot will rotate around whatever axis you click on. :)

You can't just type in "270" though - TS4 uses a weird axis system in which you define each axis using the three axis - I.E. you can say X=(x=1 Y=0 z=0) Y=(x=0 y=1 z=0) and Z=(x=0 y=0 z=1) and you'll get a normal, X=1 Y=1 Z=1 front-facing slot. Each individual axis can then be adjusted - you can get the axis all messed up and say I want the X axis to actually be the Z axis, so X would be X=0 Z=1 Y=0, etc. It's a bit confusing at first - and for rotated slots, you end up with decimals. (For example, 45 degrees would be 0.5 between two axis to pull it into the middle of them.) 

AFTER having rotated a slot, though, then you can click on the "..." for each slot to open the coordinate window and round up the transformation values if you need a "perfect" slot. I.E. if I try to rotate something to be 45 degrees, and I end up with the values at like 0.495839789 - obviously that's supposed to be 0.5. Likewise if you end up with something like 0.00000294, that would just be 0, and 0.9978590796 would round up to 1. 

Thanks. I thought it would be much more complicated than that...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users