Photo

Help with cc

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ShadowedNyx678

• 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 05:29 AM

I'm Some what new to sims 4, and when i try to download cc for it and i put it in my Mods folder, it doesn't appear in game, either that or i get the infinite loading screen. I don't know how to fix this, let alone what the problem is to fix it, and i've watched probably over 50 videos on youtube about downloading cc, but none of them seem to have a problem. Please if you can help me, respond, because i don't know what to do.

#2 sim_man123

Simmer

• 4,610 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 August 2017 - 05:16 PM

How are you installing the CC? 

If you download an object, hair, clothing, etc, they are .package file and all you should have to do is to place them into Mods. If you download a set of these items - or use the Basket, if you're VIP - then you will get a .zip. The zip file has to be opened and the .package files within extracted and then placed into Mods - the game will not read a zip file as a whole.

If you download a sim, or a lot, or a house, then you will end up with a .zip folder that contains several other random files inside that are not .package - these get placed into the Tray folder instead of Mods.

Also, note the browser you are downloading with. The smaller browsers that come with anti-virus software WILL break CC files and they will not work in game. You want to use one of the big browsers, like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Opera. Also note anything else that could interfere with the file from the time you download it to when it gets placed in game. Download "helpers" or "accelerators" can mess things up - basically anything that handles or digs through the CC files can cause them to break. (This is also especially true with overzealous anti-virus programs, like Norton.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users